Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thing 2: 7.5 lifelong learning habits

The 7.5 habits:

1. begin with the end in mind
2. accept responsibility for your own learning
3. view problems as challenges
4. have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
5. create your own learning toolbox
6. use technology to your advantage
7. teach/mentor others
7.5 play


Easiest habit: 5. Create your own toolbox or 6. use technology to your advantage
why: These are habits that have been with me as long as I can remember

Most difficult habit: 1. begin with the end in mind.
why: I tend to be less goal oriented with regard to learning. As I am interested in something I dig deeper into it until I'm satisfied. Often along the way I find something new and interesting to learn about. I generally find learning to achieve a goal to be stifling and to increase the boring factor.